Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Another year is come


Dear 2008,

All in all, you weren't a bad year.

In many ways, you were actually better than others. Aren't you proud? The last few weeks have been a little rough on me, but looking back the good moments were really pretty great. Like when Damir proposed to me. That was awesome.

I didn't have to change jobs once this year, which makes you clearly better than both 2006 and 2007.

But watch out for 2009 and 2010-- I think there are some pretty exciting things down the line. 2009 is getting itself off to a great start by offering up an amazing Mexican Riviera vacation right from the start. Can you compete with that? Not that I didn't appreciate the week spent in NC with my Dad & Jan, Ashbloem's wedding in Texas and the various excursions up to Boston. Those were some good times. But a 5-night luxury vacation, my first vacation in years, and my first vacation with my sweetheart, is pretty tough to beat. And of course, the babies. 2009 will mark the arrival of Erin's two little ones-- little in 2008 can compare with the overwhelming joy of welcoming my new niece and nephew.

Sure, you pulled out a pretty amazing election which had me in it's clutches all year. It certainly wasn't boring! I weeped with joy on November 4th. But 2009 gets to claim the main event: Inauguration. However, if Obama tanks, or turns out to be just another corrupt Illinois politician, you might look like a winner in retrospect.

On the downside, there were the many many many tooth issues, which still plague me. But, you were redeemed by providing me the opportunity to buy my first new car, along with Damir's help.

Now that I think about it, looking back through the year, 2008 was pretty great. I laughed a lot, cried a little, worked hard, played harder, got in gear and fell in love again and again with my sweetheart. 2009 would be lucky to do so well.

Happy New Year my friends. I wish you love and luck and lots of laughter.

Love,
Terra

No comments: