Wednesday, September 10, 2008

September is off to quite a start

This month has already proved to be an interesting one.


On the first of the month we bought a new car. It's so cute! But don't let it's cuteness fool you-- she has a big engine and lots of zippitydodah. We weren't planning on getting a car, but the truck more or less died, so we didn't have much of a choice in the matter. We do lots of driving on day trips and such. Given our living situation, we need to have a car-- our ticket to freedom. No bones about it. I am psyched to go from about 12 miles per gallon to about 30. Awesome!

Around the same time we bought the car, we decided to take a week away! The expense of the car ruled out any major vacation plans, so we are going to see my dad and step mom down in North Carolina and then maybe a few days on the Outer Banks. I don't really care where we go... as long as its away. We leave on the 20th. Yay! And we're driving the new car down there. I haven't been on a road trip for a while, so this will be great fun. As long as I am the one driving.

Then of course the saga of the tooth. The evil tooth was demanding a potential 3rd root canal (and being uninsured for Dental, this would run about $1300 between procedures and new crown) so I opted instead just to pull the damn thing for about a third of the cost. Ugh. Still in pain from the procedure with Dr. Hottie McHottie, but glad that it is done with.

I hit my first goal with weight watchers: I lost 10% of my body. TEN PERCENT.

We haven't done a lick of wedding planning. I am in that stage where more or less everything looks good. Cabo? Awesome! St. John? Beautiful and easy! Florida? Cheap and convenient! The Carolinas? Close to my folks and pretty! New York? No.

But today I read a bit about a wedding in Venice...oooohhhh Venice. Imagining a rented palazzo...rehearsal dinner en masquerade....ceremony on the terrace overlooking the canals...bellinis for everyone...a cheesy gondola ride in a white dress....I love Venice. I think I have been at least 4 times between work and pleasure. But my guess is not many other friends/family would be keen for that choice. Alas. The search continues across the US, Caribbean, Mexico and just about every other corner of the world.


But...Maybe I can convince you?

No comments: