Wednesday, September 17, 2008

If you enjoy talking to strangers...

...Wear an Obama '08 T-shirt like this one:
I recently received my shirt in the mail (for a cool $20.08) and on the few occasions I have worn it around Long Island, I get a slew of comments from random strangers. Thankfully comments so far have been positive, most people just say, "Nice shirt", and 4 or 5 ladies have stopped me to ask where I got the shirt. (Answer: Here)

With massive media attention on all these supposed white women who are flocking to Palin (what are they thinking?!), wearing the t-shirt to the grocery store, the mall, running errands, the nail salon, etc., is my own small way to show this white woman's support for Obama.

I got an Obama magnet for the new Jetta too, but Damir is nervous to put it on. He's worried that some rebel Republican will key, or otherwise damage, the new car. Once he said that, it made me nervous too, so I am looking for another use for the magnet.

I am starting to panic and feeling very eager for the debates. I am hoping that Palin's lack of experience, in comparison to the loquacious Biden, will be too much for these independent swing voters to ignore. Plus, you know they're going to ask her about creation vs. evolution, which I can't wait to see her answer.

In case you were wondering, here is the debate schedule:

1. First Presidential Debate:

- Date: September 26 (next week y'all!)
- Site: University of Mississippi
- Topic: Foreign Policy & National Security
- Moderator: Jim Lehrer

2. Vice Presidential Debate

- Date: October 2nd
- Site: Washington University, St. Louis
- Moderator: Gwen Ifill

3. Second Presidential Debate

- Date: October 7
- Site: Belmont University
- Moderator: Tom Brokaw

4. Third Presidential Debate

- Date: October 15
- Site: Hofstra University
- Topic: Domestic and Economic policy
- Moderator: Bob Schieffer

All four debates will begin at 9pm ET, and last for 90 minutes.


Hmmm. Hofstra. That's just down the road. I wonder how I can get tickets? That would be awesome!

1 comment:

annie-san said...

our station wagon sports a bumper sticker and i wear a glow-in-the-dark button.