Tuesday, June 26, 2007

News! Good News!

I got a job! I got a job!

Not just A job, but a job I am really excited about. The company does a variety of incoming travel services for NYC... broadway tickets, hotels, transport, sightseeing...you name it, they do it. It's a young company full of potential, so it is exciting to become part of a organization that is growing by leaps and bounds. And the people I met with the company are so positive and seem to love working there-- a welcome change from my most recent employment adventure.

I start on Thursday!

I can't help but think that fate is playing a role here. The timing and circumstance seems a little too perfect. They have been looking for someone for this role for nearly 4 months.

One of the great benefits of the job is the opportunity to attend almost any show, event or function hosted in NYC. For someone who still knows relatively little about this great city, that is a huge plus. I am embarassed to say I haven't even been to a broadway show since a Teen Club trip in the 7th grade when we went to see 42nd Street.

Cross your fingers for me that this job works out a heck of a lot better than the last one!

2 comments:

Ashbloem said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!

This is so great! I'm on tour so haven't been able to catch up, but I knew it would work out.

New York is a fun place to work in the tourism biz. Can't wait to talk to you about it. Maybe next week or this weekend once I'm back?

ann & dabney said...

Lion King... here we come! ;)