Monday, June 18, 2007

Greener Pastures and Silver Linings

I lost my job today.

Well, I didn't exactly lose it. I know where it is, I just don't have it anymore. The whole story is odd and confusing and more than a little frustrating. I don't think it appropriate to put all the details here online, but know that I did my best and I can be proud of that. In many ways it is a relief, though I don't relish the idea of being unemployed again. I actually already have an interview for what sounds like an interesting job in Manhattan tomorrow.

I have a feeling this will turn into one of those "blessing in disguise" scenarios. Seriously, I know it sounds cheesy, or a trifle Pollyanna, but it seems like a good thing to be moving away from a situation that really wasn't all that pleasant.

Damir was able to grab a few hours away today and we took a long relaxing drive to the Hamptons and had lunch on beautiful Shelter Island. It was a gorgeous sunny day and it felt great to be outside. This past weekend we had a blast during a whirlwind trip to Boston (I was there for my sis' wedding shower) and we found time for a game at Fenway before heading back to NY.

I don't know what is next for me. I am scared about being unemployed, but excited about new opportunities that are just around the corner.

2 comments:

Ashbloem said...

I totally think this is for the best. You'll be fine! Probably better! Even if it doesn't feel like it at first...

annie-san said...

i agree. you'll come out of this just fine. in fact, you should just enjoy your time off while you've got it.