Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Happy Howlerween

This is the first year I am not getting dressed up for Halloween. Sure, I have the costumes in the basement from previous festivities, but I am not into it. Surprisingly, I am not missing it too much this year. I guess there's just other stuff on my mind. But, I am excited about the prospect of tricker-treaters coming to our door this evening. Never have I lived in a place conducive to little kiddies in costume coming to ring my bell. I have to say, I am really looking forward to it!

Well, even though I am not dressing up this year, I pay homage to halloweens and costume parties of years passed...

My mom used to make us THE BEST costumes. I don't know how she did it, but we never had store-bought platic costumes.


Check this out, she sewed that! I don't even have a sewing machine much less know how to use one.
While I lived in Amsterdam there were lots of costume parties being thown. At this one below there was a "Heaven and Las Vegas" theme, so naturally I dressed up as a shotgun bride.
Monica Lewinsky was an easy costume, and fun to boot. I went as ML for two halloweens in a row and never got bored of it.
Madonna at the office:

70's party, I was instructed to dress up like a white Diana Ross.

Wig party 2005 was a lot of fun back in Beantown. I like wigs (as if you couldn't tell).

The year the Red Sox won the world series I dressed up as Pedro Martinez.

Last year I bought an authentic flapper dress on Ebay (I loooove Ebay!) that was a little too boobalicious. But, I felt like a hot mamma in my 20's dress and black bob wig.

No comments: