Tuesday, August 22, 2006

T Minus 5

I have started again and again this blog posting today. None of my ideas are sticking.

I want to tell you about the emails I am going through. The thousands of emails stored in my inbox that recount the story of a thousand failures and successes. The correspondence of friends. The stories of others. I miss letters. Letters are easier to take with you, at least in some ways.

I just came across the emails written to and from me in the moments after September 11. They are unbearable to read, still today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Terra, I'm thinking of you today -- your last day at the Boston job. Bitter-sweet farewells, I'm sure. Snippets from "Kahlil Gibran on Love" come to mind...'When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him...'

Kristin