Thursday, April 27, 2006

Njena kosa izgleda kao da su macke sisale

Translation: Her hair looks like a cat has been sucking on it. That's my new favorite Serbian phrase. OK, really, it's my only favorite Serbian phrase.

So, where were we? Oh, right, I went to Long Island last weekend to see dear Stephanie! She kills me. We had so much fun catching up, reminiscing about college days (where is that Brian Reimer now?), and just being girls.

Of course, Stephanie being the great wing-woman that she is, finds some nice guys for us to chat with at a local bar. Two guys who live in the area, but are originally from the former Yugoslavia. It's just like Steph to find the two cutest guys at the bar who come with gorgeously sweet accents, a funny combination of long-island and slavic intonations. Something like, The Unbearable Lightness of Being meets The Sopranos.

I think it is Steph's personal mission to see me happily in love as dear Steph is constantly trying to match me up with various gentlemen that she encounters in her business and her travels. She just walked right on up to these boys an opened up a conversation...knowing very well that it's not really my style to do such a thing myself. Well, it worked.

So, to make a long story short, and to semi-quote the movie Good Will Hunting: I am returning to NY this weekend to see about a boy. This boy:


It's a little crazy, a little spontaneous, and very un-interravision-like. But maybe it's just what the doctor ordered. If I have to feel any sense of regret, I'd rather regret DOING something rather than NOT DOING something. You know what I mean?

So, for now, I bid you dovidjenja. Wish me luck.

No comments: