Monday, April 18, 2005

Mac-tastic

Yesterday Ashlee did a wonderful thing. She took me to the MAC comestics counter at Saks 5th Avenue in the Pru. Oh lovely day! We got makeovers-- Fun! Fun! Fun! First, Ashlee was inspired by a photo in the makeup book of Mary Kate Olsen:




She wanted coral lips and striking eyes. The makeup artist did an amazing job, especially with the lips. Ashlee thought it was a little more pink than coral, but she looked fabulous! Here was the color scheme (more or less) that the artist tried:

I didn't love the peachy eyeshadow at first, but when the finished product was done, Ashlee was (in the words of Paris Hilton) so hot.

Gretchen was my artiste` du jour, and although I had to lead her a bit by the hand, she eventually got what I was looking for. She did a magnificient creation with my eyes, using four shades of green.


Green, Green, Green- I love green! The unexpected color on my eyelids made me feel tres chic. The makeover was complete just in time for our afternoon bbq bonanza over at Ann & Dabney's.

It was a glorious afternoon, really warm and sunny. We sat outside, had some chilled wine, hot burgers, grilled asparagus, homemade potato-salad (with some secret ingredient that I never discovered), chips, salsa, avacados, and a Tarte that Carmen and her crew brought along.
Fiedler even tried to join in by attempting to steal some freshly bbq'd chicken. Who could blame him?

After the sun went down and it got a little chilly, the boys left and the girls stayed to play a round of Cranium. What fun! I don't know if I had ever played before. We were a little befuddled with some of the rules, which are not explained with exact clarity, but we managed regardless. The absolute highlight was watching Ann trying to get her team to guess the TV show, "Leave it to Beaver" ala` charades. I almost fell out of my chair.

Pictures from the weekend will have to be uploaded later, as I forgot the connecting cable for my camera.

No comments: