Thursday, March 17, 2005

Thx & BR

Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone!

Today is absolutely crazy, so I will have to keep this short. I found this amusing. I just receivied an email from a college who signed off with:

bla bla bla bla.
Thx & BR,
Mr. X

Have we become so lazy that we can't even manage to find the time to type out a simple "thanks and Best Regards"? I mean, c'mon. Opps, I mean "Come On". I know I am having a bit of a rant fest this week, between jury duty, the T, and now this. But I can't help myself.

It is no secret that I swing in the jungle of online dating. I cannot tell you how many emails from prospective "men" start with:

Hi. How r u?

If a man is so contrained for time that he needs to shave 4 letters from his busy schedule, surely he has no time to date. But we all know the truth. It isn't because he is too busy, it's because he is too lazy. Or is a 50 year-old and trying to seem "hip". I am certain there are women out there who are just as big offenders, I just don't get emails from them-- so don't think I am picking on you my dear male readers. The only time this is OK, in my humble opinion (IMHO), is when using SMS on my cell phone. That's a different story all together.

L&P (love and peace)
Terra
PS- I will post the pic of the day a little later. I am pressed for time at the moment. TTYL! :)

No comments: