Sunday, January 20, 2008

An Early Birthday Present...

For a couple of years now, I have been in the market for a new printer. More specifically: a decent photo printer with a good scanner and reasonably affordable individually cased ink cartridges so that when I run out of cyan, I only have to buy a cyan and not a whole new tank when I have plenty of magenta left . Oh, and the scanner has to be able to scan directly from photo negatives and slides, preferably at least 6 at a time. Picky? Just a little.

Well, finally today I bit the bullet and decided on the Cannon MP970. First tests seems to be good, and a heck of a lot more sophisticated than the free printer I got when I bought my Dell laptop. I have thousands of negatives to go through now, stemming all the back from my first years as a photo enthusiast back in middle school. Check out this photo scanned directly from the negative:

Lots to be upoaded to flickr in the coming weeks!

1 comment:

Ashbloem said...

Wow! I'm looking for one too, so I might follow your lead if you are happy with it.