Thursday, February 02, 2006

Soul Friends

I haven't lived in one place long enough to sustain many frienships where people know you through and through... you know what I mean... soul friends.

Soul friends know it all, or at least have access to it. They laugh and cry with you and aren't bothered a bit by a late night emergency-I-have-to-tell-you-this-RIGHT-NOW kind of phone call. Often a whole conversation can pass through one glance or a raise of the eyebrow. They remember what you like and don't like and even when they disagree with their choices they stand by your side and even hold your hand when your heart gets broken. And again when it is mended.

I have many good friends who have pieces of me, who can tell, in detail, many of my stories from the times we've spent together. But few can qualify as my soul friends. This girl happens to be one of them, and since it's her birthday today it seems like the perfect time to shout a little love her way (although if you read her blog you'll see she's getting plenty of good lovin' lately)



Girl, you are the cat's pajamas! You keep me laughing even when I can't find anything left to laugh about. If there is any piece of me that is even remotely hip, current, or cool it is your doing, more likely than not. You've taught me about lipgloss, the love of wigs, the fun of fake eyelashes, cool music, and even tried (albeit so far unsuccessfully) to knit. But still, watch out since I would steal your make-up basket if you weren't looking. You are the perfect combination of Gwen Stefani, Marilyn Monroe, Gloria Steinem, Dolly Parton and Courtney Love.

Altijd Een Festje!

1 comment:

Ashbloem said...

I love you so much. You are the cat's meow. You're my favourite partner in crime, especially if we're wearing wigs.