Thursday, May 14, 2009

Picture Perfect

My days would all be happy if I could spend my office time designing promotional pieces and other creative elements. Sadly, it doesn't happen as frequently as I like. I wasn't hired with these types or projects in my job description, however slowly the responsibility to design all our creative pieces (and website) has crept on to my to-do list, and I couldn't be happier about it. By no means am I a graphic designer, or even all THAT creative, but I am proud of these two projects I just completed.

The first is a banner stand for an upcoming convention we are attending. The banner is a vertical piece on a retractable stand which unfolds to a height of about 9 feet. Here is the image:

Looks much more impressive in person at its full height:

The second is a give away piece for the same show that was deigned to go in sync with the vertical banner. This is a 2 sided glossy 5x7 postcard:

Front:

Back:Hopefully more projects like this will come my way! If not, maybe I will have to quit my job and go to graphic design school.

No comments: