Saturday, February 14, 2009

The Curse is Over.

The curse is over.

No, I am not talking about the curse of the Bambino this time, though I am getting excited over Red Sox baseball already. This time I am referring to my Valentine's Day Curse. On this day back in 2006 I revealed the story of my 6th-grade-valentines-surprise-gone-wrong, and how ever since, Valentine's day just didn't work for me. I was cursed.

But I have to tell you, I think this curse has been lifted. And I am convinced it was the telling of this story to the Blogosphere that did the trick.

You see, in that 2006 post, I had added a foot note which read:

*Hi Brian! I still love you after all these years! (Just in case you google yourself and find this story)
**Screw You Jon, I'll never forgive you for being such a jerk growing up (Just in case you google yourself and find this story)


Guess what: Brian did google himself late last summer and found the blog and then friended me on Facebook and has actually wished ME a happy valentines day, 23 years to the day since that sad, awful, and embarassing day. So I declare: VINDICATION!

Plus, it should be mentioned that just a few weeks after my 2006 telling of the story, I met my soon-t0-be husband while visiting Stephanie in Long Island. And now we're celebrating our 3rd Valentine's day together, and I couldn't be happier. So I proclaim, my Valentine's Day curse is officially lifted. Thanks blogosphere!

I hope I didn't just jinx myself!

No comments: