Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Vamos en Mexico!

Tomorrow morning we leave for 5 (hopefully) glorious nights on the Riviera Maya, halfway between Cancun and Playa del Carmen, at the Secrets Maroma Resort.

I can't express to you how excited I am.

This is my first true vacation in a long long time-- and my first ever with Damir. I think the last vacation I took, not including visits to see family or friends, work trips and weddings, would have been a short 32nd birthday trip to Key West back in 2006. Before that a trip for my 30th birthday with Erin to Las Vegas where we lived it up at the Ritz on Lake Las Vegas. Both were great trips, with fantastic memories. But neither trip included that extra sweet element of romance. Awww yeah. I'm going away with my baby. And not to some shabby place. We're going here:



Awww yeah. This time tomorrow I will be on the beach with a fruity cocktail with my sweetheart by my side. The best part is that this new 5-star resort (no kids!) offers a super fantastic travel agent rate that I am only too happy to take advantage of. Niiice. Luxry vacation at rock bottom prices? Yes, please.

Back next week with stories and pictures!

No comments: