Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April Fools...Right?

GMail announced a new feature today: the ability to custom date your email. Need your email to show in the recipients box as read and sent 4 days ago? No Problem!

Read More:
http://mail.google.com/mail/help/customtime/index.html


Testimonials from Beta Testers (hilarious):

Beta User Testimonials

"The entire concept of 'late' no longer exists for me. That's pretty cool. Thanks Gmail!"

Miriam S., Delivery girl


"I just got two tickets to Radiohead by being the 'first' to respond to a co-worker's 'first-come, first-serve' email. Someone else had already won them, but I told everyone to check their inboxes again. Everyone sort of knows I used Custom Time on this one, but I'm denying it."

Robby S., Paralegal


"This feature allows people to manipulate and mislead people with falsified time data. Time is a sacred truth that should never be tampered with."

Michael L., Epistemology Professor


"I used to be an honest person; but now I don't have to be. It's just so much easier this way. I've gained a lot of productivity by not having to think about doing the 'right' thing."

Todd J., Investment Banker


This is a great April Fools Joke.... Right?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Last year they had "Gmail Paper", where if you changed your preferences they would just FedEx you paper copies of your emails every day. HAHAHA.

Anonymous said...

What an interesting story. I am glad I am the first to comment on it.

POSTED BY JEFF AT 10:34 AM
APRIL 1