Thursday, June 08, 2006

Vaccination Station

I am being force vaccinated today for MMR (measles, mumps & rubella).



Did you know there has been a big measles outbreak here in beantown? Read this article to hear how it all started. Apparently a co-worker of mine has been diagnosed with the virus and so all of us in my department have to show proof of vaccination by 2pm today or be sent home.

So of course I have no documentation of either time I have been vaccinated. My mom is certain I got the shots when I was an infant, and I am relatively certain I got them again before sailing on Semester at Sea. However, I have no idea where these records could be. I tried to look up my pediatrician, but he has long since retired. I feel suddenly old.

*sigh. I guess there really isn't anything I can do about it. Just suck it up and get the shot.

No comments: