Thursday, June 01, 2006

SH*T!

Getting any relationship off the ground isn't necessarily easy going. However, living 275 miles apart definitely complicates things even further. Sure, I knew it wouldn't be easy, but obstacles are popping up in the places I didn't expect.

Naturally I am spending more time on the phone recently. I don't have a land line anymore, so there's just my cell. I don't give my cell phone that much thought, I've always had more minutes than I could possibly use and my bill is automatically deducted from my bank account. I get good coverage and decent service, so I am happy with my carrier (Verizon).

I happened to glance at this months bill the other day... and holy crap. It is nearly $230 more than it usually is. Yikes!!! His bill, as it turns out, was about the same. Do you know how many plane tickets our collective phone expenditure could have purchased for us? At least 4 or 5! He's not an email kind of guy, doesn't even have an email address, so we spend a lot of time on the phone or SMS'ing. I didn't realize it could get so pricey, but thankfully he is going to look at changing his phone service to Verizon so we can save big $.

*sigh.

No comments: