Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Settling In.

On the one hand, being home and newly married has been great. But in reality, not at all different. The biggest change since coming home is that Damir started summer semester which has him in class until about 10pm four nights a week. I miss my husband!


A lot of people are asking me if things will change with his folks now that we are married; if they'll go back to Montenegro or get their own place to live. And all evidence, one-month in, points to no changes in the pipeline. At least not as a result of getting married. It would be great to come home to our little private nest and hold hands in wedded bliss, but that's just not the deck of cards we were dealt. Certainly I knew that a long time ago and made peace with it before I walked down the aisle.

The other thing happening since I got home is a big feeling of restlessness-- that's not good. I need a new project now that the wedding planning is done. I have learned that when I don't have an engaging project to occupy my thoughts, I turn inwards and pick at things that don't need to be examined with such scrutiny. I know a few of you friends are like that too, so you can relate. The good news is I have a really great project in mind, but need to take the first steps to get it rolling. It's something that is definitely out of my comfort zone, but totally new and exciting. No, not a baby, ha! 

It's too early to discuss ideas at this stage...I am afraid you'll think poorly of me if it never gets off the ground. As things become more concrete, I will keep you updated.

1 comment:

JLo said...

I can't imagine anyone thinking poorly of you for going out on a limb and trying to do something you want to do, but I understand why you want to keep whatever it is under wraps!

It's funny how people expect everything to change when you get married isn't it. Everyone was asking me for weeks how 'married life' was, and the truth is it's just the same, only I have a new name. And a little more bling!