Thursday, July 31, 2008

Just a little funny

So, I really am not even thinking about what kind of wedding I want to have. No, really. I mean it. Serious! OK, maybe just a little. But like you did when you were little and you put a towel on your head and pretended it was a veil. Not with any thought that this is really happening to me. Anyone else do that? Anyone?

As you know, I would love a destination wedding but have no idea where to start (thanks to those who have sent ideas-- really, thank you). So, I thought I would innocently check out a forum on the subject of destination weddings. Just to get some good ideas on places that might be a good option from ladies who have walked down the beachy aisle before. I found this site called Best Destination Wedding Forum and thought, Hey! That's for me! Here is the site for those who care: http://bestdestinationwedding.com/forum

Anyway.

I peruse the categories to see where I can get the inside scoop on different venues and the first category that catches my eye is called:

Invitations, STDs, photos & websites

It took me a minute and I thought... Huh. STDs are openly discussed alongside invitations, photos and websites? That seems a little odd. I mean I suppose there are some brides out there that might be concerned about whatever STD they contracted in their pre-wedding days. But maybe now isn't the time to "come clean" as it was? Especially when going over creative invitations? And is a forum on this topic really necessary?

I had to open the category to get that STD stands for Save The Date.

Duh.

Oh, grasshopper. There is so much to learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife made me look at those sites before our wedding, for several days I couldn't figure out why everyone was talking about designated hitters, apparently my sole meaning for DH was wrong.

Terra said...

Um...I hate to ask, but what IS a DH? I am with you on this one... I immediately think of Big Papi.

Anonymous said...

DH in wedding talk is Dear Husband.